Financial Planning and Analysis Officer – Population Services International
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non‐profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing. We are a $560m enterprise based in Washington, DC, operating in the private and public sectors in more than 65 countries.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI/Ethiopia wants reimagine healthcare, put the consumer at the center, and whenever possible, bring quality care to the front door. We achieve health impact in Ethiopia by working with both government and private partners and harvesting technology innovation to bring quality care closer to communities, schools, and homes. We empower consumers by including them in the design of healthcare solutions, offering them more healthcare choices, and helping them to have a voice in influencing national priorities. We work with all market actors in the health system to understand their needs, designing and delivering solutions so that market systems can sustainably serve consumers for the long term, helping to support the Government of Ethiopia in achieving Universal Health Coverage.
We are looking for a passionate Financial Planning and Analysis Officer who will assist in the preparation of budget for proposals, annual budget to PSI/Washington submission, and also assist on preparation and submission of annual budget to Charities and Societies Agency and coordinates MOH resource mapping plan.
Sounds like you? Read on!
Under the supervision of Financial Planning and Analysis Manager you will:
- Assist in the preparation of budget for new funding opportunities, adjustments or realignment budgets, departmental budget, AOB (Annual Operations Budget) for PSI/W submission, and CSA annual budget submission.
- Prepares bi-weekly cash forecast OAR), and submit to the Financial Planning and Analysis Manager for review.
- Assist on preparation of Monthly Departmental budget vs actual report for all Departments and program teams.
- Review of transactions for compliance and eligibility under grants.
- Conduct monthly spending and trend analysis of various expenses which requires management attention and decision.
- Assist on the preparation of quarterly accrual report, VAT report, Costs share report, expenditure analysis and annual expenditure plan for donor submission.
- Closely monitor grants’ performance for all donors.
- Assist on review donor invoices and financial reports prepared by Washington DC accounting department.
- Coordinates MOH resource mapping plan
- Assist on provides Capacity Building on budget preparation and monitoring to budget holders
- Assist Financial Planning and Analysis Manager and senior management team on special projects requiring financial analysis.
- Work in collaboration with all internal and external stakeholders in budget formulation, expenditure analysis and budget monitoring.
- Perform any other activities as assigned by his/her supervisor.
What are we looking for? The basics
- Bachelor Degree in finance, accounting and related field of study with 4 years’ experience.
- Have at least 2 (two) years substantial budget and accounting experience in large INGOs or other international Relief/development organizations with a variety of funding sources.
- Relevant experience in financial analysis
- Excellent knowledge of budgetary management and accounting principles &, procedure.
What would get us excited?
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills, Adaptability, and stress tolerance.
- Well organized, analytical, and determined to follow through.
- Ability to make routine decisions in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Ability to plan and complete assignments within deadlines.
- Ability to perform standardized and statistical computations.
- Familiarity with USAID, CDC and other international donor rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of accounting software, and knowledge of Microsoft excel spreadsheets.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
How to ApplyFill out the application form using the following link: Online Application Form. It will only take 5 to 10 minutes
Send your CV and application letter to email@example.com clearly mark “Application Financial Planning and Analysis Officer” in the subject line
Check your email and make sure you receive an automatic response acknowledging receipt of your application that means your application was successful. If you don’t receive the automatic response, check again your subject line and if needed, re-submit your CV and application letter with the correct subject.
Application deadline August 9, 2018. We’ll call or e-mail you back if there is a good fit on both sides.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.